VIII INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC CONFERENCE
of the Institute of Agricultural Economics –Agricultural Academy
in the co-partnership with the European Rural Development Network
„AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SUPPLY: MARKETS AND POLICIES”
OCTOBER 27-28, 2021
organised session as a part of the XVIII European Rural Development Network Annual Conference 2021.
We are pleased to invite you to the VIII Scientific Conference “Agricultural Economics–in support of agriculture” – dedicated to “Agriculture and food supply: markets and policies”, 27-28 October 2021, organized by the Institute of Agricultural Economics –Agricultural Academy in the co-partnership with the “European Rural Development Network”. The conference is supported by the Bulgarian Science Fund.
The conference will be held in a hybrid format with the possibility for online and present presentation of the reports on site at the IAI .
European Rural Development Network will have its plenary session on the second working day of the Conference, October 28, 2021, where ERDN fellows will present their Horizon 2020 and other projects, experiences, results and thoughts!
General focus of the conference is to influence the academic and scientific circles, representatives of the business in agriculture, the local administration and the state administration.
- Agricultural and commodity markets – macroeconomic effects;
- Agricultural policies in the transition to a sustainable and green economy;
- Food market – COVID-19 and international trade;
- The future for different types of rural areas;
- Innovation, circular and bioeconomics;
English ( auxiliary language – Bulgarian)
- Submission of applications for participation with summaries in English / up to 200 words /: 20.09.2021
- Approval of participations: September 27, 2021
- Presentation of the full reports in English: 15.11.2021
We sincerely hope that you will be among us and together we will continue the discussion on the future development of Bulgarian agriculture in the context of the expected changes to the CAP.
Papers are reviewed by independent reviewer (s). After positive evaluation and approval, the papers will be submitted for publication to the Proceedings of the conference, indexed in Google Scholar, and the best (following a proposal by the Scientific Committee) in the Bulgarian Journal of Agricultural Science (BJAS) , Scopus SJR for 2019 – 0.19, and indexed in Web of Science – Emerging Sources Citation Index, EBSCO – Academic Search Ultimate, CAB Abstracts, Google Scholar
Possible publication in Rural Areas and Development, a ERDN yearbook.
Keynote speakers :
- Prof. Dragi Dimitrievski – University of St Cyril and Methodius ”Skopje”, North Macedonia
- Dr Julian Binfield – University of Missouri, USA
- Dr hab. Mariusz Hamalczuk – prof. of the Warsaw University of Life Science, Poland
- Dr Norbert Potori – Research Institute of Agricultural Economics – AKI, Hungary
- Dr hab. Pawel Chmielinski – European Rural Development Network; prof. of the Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, Polish Academy of Sciences, Poland
- Dr.ir. Roel Jongeneel – Wageningen Economic Research, Netherlands
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Bozhidar Ivanov
- Prof. Dr. Rumen Popov
- Assoc. Prof. Dr. Dilyana Mitova
- Ch. Assistant Professor Dr. Desislava Toteva
- Ch. Assistant Professor Dr. Daniela Tsvyatkova
- Ch. Assistant Professor Dr. Angel Sarov
- Ch. Assistant Professor Dr. Rositsa Mikova
- Ch. exp. Atanaska Dzhodzhova
- St. exp. Kremena Gorcheva
ERDN Session will encompass our colleagues from various research centres in CEEC:
Session – October 28
13:00 – 15:00 Plenary Session – European Rural Development Network – ERDN
Moderator: dr hab. Paweł Chmieliński, Associate Professor, ERDN Coordinator, Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
|13:00 – 15:00||„Rurality and knowledge –a temporal and spatial perspective”
Dr hab. Konrad Czapiewski, Associate Professor, Institute of Geography and Spatial Organization, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
“Different territorial capital – different rural development strategies: some examples from Slovakia”
Dr Vladimír Székely, senior researcher, Institute of Geography, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava, Slovakia
„The place of the rural areas in the dream future of young Europeans”
Dr hab. Krzysztof Janc, Silwia Dolzblasz, Andrzej Raczyk, Robert Skrzypczynski, University of Wroclaw, Poland
“Smart agriculture, ecological transition and new CAP”
Dr Piermichele La Sala, Associate Professor, Dr Nicola Faccilongo, Researcher, Dr Ruggiero Sardaro, researcher, University of Foggia – Department of Economics, Laboratory of Rural Studies, Italy/ Daniela Panio, PHD Student, University of Foggia – Department of Economics, Italy
„Selection and hierarchization of the research area determining the sustainable development of agriculture”
Senior researcher, PhD, Zbigniev Florianczyk, Institute of Agriculture and Food Economics, Warsaw, Poland
Dr hab. Barbara Wieliczko, Associate Professor, Institute of Rural and Agricultural Development, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw, Poland
“Progress of the bioeconomy strategy in Romania”
Dr Dan-Marius Voicilas, Associate Professor, Institute of Agricultural Economics-Romanian Academy, Bucharest, Romania
More details for participation can be found here: