Celebrating the 20th Anniversary of the Network: ERDN 2002-2022
We are very pleased to announce that the celebratory seminar for the 20th Anniversary of the Network: ERDN 2002-2022: we look to the future!
under the title
Cooperation and experience of science in support of policies for rural development
will take place on 15-16 September 2022, Mielno, Poland!
The aim of the conference is to exchange methodological experiences and research results as well as to integrate the different approaches to rural systems in Poland and other European countries. The systems approach takes into account both the multiplicity of socio-economic interactions and the need for public dialogue in creating long-term national and EU socio-economic development strategies. Both EU and national long-term policies require a systemic scientific basis taking into account the dialogue with public administration and the socio-economic environment. The aim of the conference is to present current research and to discuss the future development of rural areas in Europe and to develop recommendations for the creation of effective policies for rural development and agriculture. The exchange of experiences of research teams from various countries, of an interdisciplinary and intergenerational character, is extremely valuable here.
The conference is organized in cooperation with the Koszalin University of Technology – the newest member of the Network. The conference, in addition to the substantive layer, is also a unique opportunity to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Network. The ERDN was established in 2002 as a forum for exchange of ideas and research experience and a platform for cooperation between Polish and European scientific and research institutions in the field of rural development and agriculture, especially in the perspective of the European Union enlargement and its future policies. Thus, the main objective of the Network’s activity is the exchange of research results in areas that pose a challenge both for individual Member States and candidate countries, and for the European Union’s development policy. The activities of the ERDN are fully in line with the EU idea of creating a European Research Area for agriculture and rural development. The network includes leading research centres carrying out research in the field of rural development in Europe, especially from Central and Eastern European countries. It supports its members in applying for and implementing projects under Horizon 2020, Horizon Europe, Interreg, etc.
The conference will be subsidised, which means that according to ERDN custom, participants will mainly cover their travel expenses however the number of conference places is limited.
Draft Conference AGENDA
Day 1 of the Conference: – Wednesday 14 September
– Arrival and accommodation of participants at the hotel (from 15.00)
– Pre-conference session: Strategies and research networking: directions and opportunities
Second day of the conference: – Thursday 15 September
– Opening of the Conference (9.30-10.00)
– Panel discussion on Scientific networks in support of rural development policies in the face of challenges of the contemporary world. (10.00-11.30)
– Coffee break (11.30-12.00)
– Plenary session I (12.00-13.30) Vision of rural and agricultural development in the face of challenges posed by climate and demographic change
– Plenary session II (15.00-16.30) The impact of COVID-19 on rural areas and agriculture: the experience of European countries
– Coffee break (16.30-17.00)
– Plenary session III (17.00-18.30) The war in Ukraine and food, energy security and migration crisis in Poland and Europe
– Gala dinner for Conference participants
Third day of the conference: – Friday 16 September
– Breakfast (8.00-9.30 a.m.)
– Plenary session I (9.30-13.00) Green transformation of the countryside and agriculture – how to start and carry it out effectively in the times of uncertainty?
(a field trip on alternative/innovative activities in rural areas)
– Reporting session (reports from ongoing research)
– Closing of the Conference (18.00)
Lunch will be served at 13.00.
There will be a possibility of an extension of the participants’ stay in the Hotel till Saturday!!
More detailed information on the conference will be provided via this conference web site soon!
The conference was co-financed by the Ministry of Education and Science as part of the programme ‚Excellent science – Support for scientific conferences” (DNK/SP/550665/2022).
Konferencja została dofinansowana ze środków Ministerstwa Edukacji i Nauki w ramach programu „Doskonała nauka – Wsparcie konferencji naukowych” (DNK/SP/550665/2022).